Apply for Graduation

Graduation Application Instructions

  1. Log in to the PeopleSoft/HighPointCX Dashboard through the myPitt task.
  2. Select the PeopleSoft Full Site Link on the Dashboard.
  3. Click the Navigator (NavBar) Icon in the upper right hand corner of the page. 
  4. Select Self Service, navigate to Degree Progress/Graduation, and then select the Apply for Graduation link.
  5. Review the majors, minors, or certificates listed under the program(s) you are eligible to apply for:
If Any Information is Missing or Outdated

Note: SCI will deny your application if academic information is not correct or changes are made on the application. You will not graduate unless your academic record is corrected.

Examples of corrections can include:

  • Missing minor or certificate
  • Incorrect specialization
  • Removing minor, certificate, or second major

You must correct your record BEFORE submitting the application for graduation.

Instructions for correcting your record:

  1. CORRECTING NON-SCI PROGRAMS (minors, majors, specializations, or degrees offered by a different School at Pitt):
    •  Contact the offering school’s advisor or administrator for guidance in changing your record.
  2. CORRECTING SCI PROGRAMS (minors, majors, specializations, thesis/project tracks, or degrees offered by SCI):

Note: You will not get a notification when your record is updated. It is your responsibility to check your record for the updates.

       3. Once your record has been corrected, you can apply for graduation.

Remember: Student academic records that are incorrect will be denied graduation, and you will not be able to graduate.  

If Information is Correct

6.  Select Apply for GraduationIf you are applying for degrees in multiple programs (including minors, certificates, etc.) you will need to submit an application for each degree.

7. Select the Graduation Term and the Graduation Class you are eligible for.

  • Note: If you are applying after the Fee Begin Date, you will be prompted to pay a late fee. Payments may be made by credit/debit card.

 8. Please verify that all of the information on your application is correct.

9. Click Submit Application to complete your application.

10. To apply for another degree in the same graduation term, click the Apply for a Different Program link. If you have already paid a late fee, you will not be prompted to pay again.

11. Click the View Application Status link to make changes to your Name or Address.

  • You can check your Graduation Status at any time in your Student Center by navigating to Self Service > Degree Progress/Graduation > View Graduation Status.

Remember: If any academic record information is missing or outdated, it must be fixed before you submit the application.

If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

More information on the Graduation Application process is available on the Registrar's website