No matter the area of life, success depends on both working hard and working smartly.
As is true in other fields, success in academia requires the development of particular skills that improve one’s effectiveness and efficiency. Working hard at college studies is futile if you are not making the most of your learning and study time.
Student Lingo Workshops
Student Lingo is a series of online student success video workshops available to all School of Computing and Information students. The workshops provide information and resources on topics critical to student success, are designed and delivered by national student success experts, and can help any UC Blue Ash student enhance academic success, personal well-being and make the most of the college experience.
These interactive online Student Success workshops that are available at your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days per week as a supplement to our in-person support services, like learning skills assessment, academic coaching, and peer tutoring. Available topics include:
- What it Takes to be a Successful Student
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know
- Emotional Intelligence: The Other Key to Academic Success
- How Your Personality Style May Impact Your Academic Success
- Setting & Accomplishing Realistic Goals
- How to Achieve Well-Being, Balance & Stress
- Time Management Strategies for Success
- How to Reduce Test Anxiety
- Overcoming Procrastination Causes & Cures
- Stress Management Techniques
- Handling Failure In & out of the Classroom
How to Access
Access is absolutely free to any undergraduate or graduate SCI student. Begin by visiting the Student Lingo site below and creating an account. Just enter your Pitt email, create a password, and you will have access to the twelve online video workshops selected to support you.