Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The School of Computing and Information at the University of Pittsburgh is committed to:
- Creating, nurturing, and sustaining an environment that values our differences
- Exhibiting growth and strength through our diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
- Providing equitable opportunities for all voices to be heard
- Having a collective impact in promoting our values both within and beyond our school
- Building a diverse workforce for the future
About Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SCI
Rosta Farzan, a Pitt PhD alum and professor at Pitt’s School of Computing and Information for more than eight years, will embark on her journey as SCI’s first Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion during the spring 2021 term. By bolstering a welcoming and respectful community, Farzan wants to work on providing more equitable opportunities within the school and to ensure that historically underrepresented groups enter the field of computing and information at greater levels.
School Initiatives and Resources
SCI offers a wide variety of events, programming, and opportunities for students that drive our mission of creating and fostering and equitable and inclusive environment.