Below is the Fall 2020 New Student Orientation schedule. Students are expected to attend all mandatory events and are highly encouraged to attend all optional events. In addition, some events are hosted by other schools/offices within the University
This orientation schedule is subject to change. Please keep checking back for updates closer to the start of orientation.
Fall 2020 Orientation Event
SCI will be hosting a Welcome/Orientation event for all undergraduate students on Tuesday, August 18 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time via Zoom.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
- 11 – 11:20 a.m. – Welcome and beginning your academic experience: The academic leadership in SCI will introduce themselves and your role in the School.
- 11:20 – 11:45 a.m. – Advising tips, resiliency, and who to go to for what: Led by SCI’s Undergraduate Advising Team and Director of Student Success
- 11:45 – 11:55 a.m. – Kristy Rzepecki, Office of Diversity and Inclusion: The vision and mission of ODI, how this impacts students, and how to file a report if needed.
- 11:55 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. – Experiential learning: A quick reminder/tour of options and the upcoming term. Our Director of Experiential Learning and Director of Corporate Relations will highlight options for you, which include volunteer experiences, for-credit experiences, abroad experiences, our badging program, and hackathons.
- 12:05 – 12:15 p.m. – Introduction to Academic Records: Alex Weber from Academic Records will introduce you to how you can benefit from and seek help from Records (a bit more about permission codes, how to review degree requirements, Records’ office hours, applying to graduate, etc.).
- 12:15 – 12:20 p.m. – Undergraduate student organizations representatives will introduce their organizations and how students can get involved.
- 12:20 – 12:30 p.m. – SCI faculty will talk about how they engage undergraduates in their research and how students can get involved.
- There will be a Q&A afterwards as needed
If you could not attend the event, following recordings and presentations have been made available: