SCI Mentorship Program
Calling all alumni! The SCI Alumni Board is currently recruiting mentors for the SCI Mentorship Program. As we launch our program for the first time, we will focus on underrepresented students in our efforts to amplify broadening participation in computing and information. Mentorship program is focusing on underrepresented students initially. All undergraduate students who wish to apply are welcome. Let’s connect SCI Alumni to current students.
This program created by the SCI Alumni Board has two primary goals:
1. SCI students will be enabled to receive career guidance and opportunity insights from computing and information professionals.
2. SCI Alumni have an opportunity to give back to SCI while also potentially identifying future employment opportunities for a mentee within their organizations.
Both students and mentors will be matched based on student-identified criteria. What kind of support and advice do they need for their current place at SCI? Who do they most want to receive it from?
It might be you!
Signing up to be a mentor is straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Access the Pitt Commons platform at: https://commons.pitt.edu
2. If you haven’t already done so, register using your LinkedIn or Pitt Login
3. Click on the Mentoring Programs tab and access the School of Computing and Information Mentoring Program
4. Join the program!