Many students are not aware of how they study and learn. The process of studying and learning is unique to each student; each with their own strengths and challenges.
Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI)
The Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI) assesses a student’s awareness about and use of learning and study strategies related to skill, will and self-regulation components of learning. It helps assess students' strengths and weaknesses in ten different areas related to being a successful learner in university.
- Will: Motivation, Attitude, Anxiety
- Skill: Selecting Main Idea, Information Processing, Test Strategies
- Self-regulation: Self-Testing, Concentration, Time Management, and Using Academic Resources
This online program provides in-depth instruction in each of the ten areas. It is designed to help students become more effective, strategic learners. It only takes about 20 minutes to complete.
How Do I Get Started?
- Email SCISuccess@pitt.edu to request access to the inventory. Instructions on how to complete the inventory will be e-mailed to you.
- Schedule an appointment through the Navigate Student app for one-week from your original email.
- Complete the full inventory before your scheduled appointment.
- Meet one-on-one with Student Success to review your results and discover the study strategies that work best for you.
- Optional: Continue to develop and hone these skills through specific instructional modules. These modules provide in-depth instruction in each of the ten areas and are designed to help students become more effective, strategic learners.